in Penola, South Australia - the Limestone Coast's oldest town.
Capturing a sense of history and olde world charm, perfectly complemented by modern conveniences and elegant furnishings, this delightful century-old cottage offers luxurious self-contained cottage accommodation.
The mix of antique, specially handcrafted furniture and watercolour paintings by local artists provides a perfect retreat to relax and unwind and to enjoy the private tranquil gardens.
On the doorstep of the famous Coonawarra red wine region, you can savour the sensational local wines and explore the many experiences waiting to be enjoyed. Georgie’s is also conveniently located in easy walking distance to shops, restaurants, cafes and attractions.
Stay for one night or more in our self-contained accommodation with packages that include a hearty breakfast. Georgie's Cottage offers a perfect getaway for that special occasion, travel stopover or wine tasting experience. Discover why everyone talks about the world famous Coonawarra region - in the Limestone Coast, South Australia. Located midway between Adelaide and Melbourne.
Appreciate the convenience and atmosphere of Georgie’s Cottage which is an easy walk to the main street, top-end restaurants and laid back cafes, the renowned Mary MacKillop Interpretive Centre, art galleries and specialty shops. Over 24 Coonawarra Cellar door sales are only minutes away for tasting local wines.
Being surrounded by history, cafes and galleries makes Georgie’s Cottage the perfect base from which to enjoy all that the Limestone Coast has to offer. Much thought and attention to detail has been given to ensure your stay is a truly memorable and comfortable one, whether only 1 night or a package for longer. Your home away from home.
Furnished for comfort, Georgie’s Cottage is an authentic 1880’s renovated cottage which exclusively accommodates one couple.
Our facilities include:
- One queen sized bed ensemble with electric blanket
- Two person spa, double shower and bathrobes
- Fully appointed kitchen with dishwasher
- Split system air-conditioning for heating and cooling
- Cosy wood fire (May to September)
- LCD Television, DVD player & DVD’s, CD sound system & CD’s
- Laundry facilities include washer/dryer, iron and ironing board
- Sofa bed in lounge room available if required for extra person
- BBQ facilities & outdoor setting in private courtyard
- Quality linen & towels
- Generous supply of toiletries
- Ample off-street parking
- Centrally located for an easy walk to shops and restaurants
- Peace and tranquillity in fresh country air
$200 per night for 2 adults including provisions for breakfast
Extra person $30 per night
Come and enjoy a weekend package of regional discovery, relaxation, revitalisation and much more.
Contact us to tailor an extra special weekend to suit you.
Romantic Getaway Packages
Two nights in our luxurious and romantic, renovated 1880’s cottage includes:
- Provisions for a cooked or continental breakfast daily
- Bottle of premium Coonawarra wine
- Sweet treats and chocolates on arrival
- Fresh Mahalia coffee beans to grind for that indulgent morning coffee
- Herbal teas
- Cosy wood burning fire and reverse cycle air-conditioning.
$395 -Total cost for 2 adults
(Only Available When You Book Directly With Us)
- A gourmet food platter or BBQ pack ready in your cottage on arrival to enjoy by the cosy wood fire or in the outdoor courtyard
- Relax and revive with an in-cottage reflexology massage to melt away those work stresses from $50 each per half hour
- A dozen red roses or a big bunch of flowers for that special occasion
"A beautiful cottage, warm, cosy and so clean. Absolutely everything we needed was provided. Lovely outlook and perfect location. Thankyou so much."
Sarah and Louise - June 2019
"Beautiful cottage, generous provisions and fantastic weekend, Many thanks."
Colleen and Brian, Strathalbyn - May 2019
"Thankyou for a wonderfully comfortable and beautifully appointed experience staying in the timeless cottage. The attention to detail is a real delight. Thankyou for the care and stewardship you are sharing and showing."
Helga and Michael, Victoria - April 2019
"A beautiful, charming and welcoming home. The ambience, presentation and experience is more than expected. Thankyou for a wonderful experience, cant wait to return."
Michael and Rona, Adelaide - April 2019
© Copyright Georgie's Cottage 2019
Designed by: Cate Bell Design