in Penola, South Australia - the Limestone Coast's oldest town.
Capturing a sense of history and olde world charm, Georgie's compliments its 1870 heritage listing with modern conveniences and elegant furnishings.
The mix of antique, handcrafted furniture and original artwork provides a perfect retreat.
Relax in this historic free-standing cottage, experience its many thoughtful amenities and enjoy the private courtyard garden.
On the doorstep of the famous Coonawarra wine region, Georgie’s is centrally located and is the perfect starting point to explore sensational wineries or stroll into Penola village for shops, restaurants, cafes and the many heritage places of interest.
Stay in our self-contained accommodation with packages that include generous provisions for a hearty breakfast. Georgie's Cottage offers a perfect getaway for that special occasion, travel stopover or wine tasting experience. Discover why everyone talks about the world famous Coonawarra region - in the Limestone Coast, South Australia. Located mid-way between Adelaide and Melbourne.
Appreciate the convenience and atmosphere of Georgie’s Cottage which is an easy walk to the main street, top-end restaurants and laid back cafes, the renowned Mary MacKillop Interpretive Centre, art galleries and specialty shops. Over 24 Coonawarra Cellar door sales are only minutes away for tasting local wines.
Being surrounded by history, cafes and galleries makes Georgie’s Cottage the perfect base from which to enjoy all that the Limestone Coast has to offer. Much thought and attention to detail has been given to ensure your stay is a truly memorable and comfortable one. Your home away from home.
Furnished for comfort, Georgie’s Cottage is an authentic 1870s renovated cottage which exclusively accommodates one couple.
Our facilities include:
- Queen sized bed ensemble with electric blanket
- Two person spa and double shower
- Fully appointed kitchen with dishwasher
- Split system air-conditioning for heating and cooling
- Cosy wood fire (May to September)
- Spacious separate lounge
- Laundry facilities include washer/dryer, iron and ironing board
- BBQ & outdoor setting in private courtyard
- Generous supply of toiletries
- Ample off-street parking
- Centrally located for an easy walk to shops and restaurants
- Peace and tranquility in fresh country air
Come and enjoy our region! Our Getaway Package includes exclusive use of Georgie's renovated 1870s cottage for two adults:
- Two nights $395
- Three nights $580
- Four nights $760
Contact us to tailor an extra special stay.
Gourmet platters available on request.
Our Getaway Package includes:
- Sweet treats and chocolates on arrival
- Bedroom and bathroom linen
- Fresh coffee for plunger and Nespresso coffee pods
- Selection of black, green and herbal infusion teas
- Cosy wood burning fire (during season)
- Reverse cycle air-conditioning
- Private courtyard with BBQ
- Full kitchen facilities .
Getaway + Breakfast Rate
Our Getaway Package plus breakfast is customised to your individual needs. Let us stock your larder with quality breakfast provisions:
- Two nights $445
- Three nights $655
- Four nights $860
15% surcharge may apply to public holidays
"Beautifully presented, like stepping back in time (with modern touches included)."
Jo & Andrew 2021
"Perfect weekend away, a beautiful cottage in a beautiful part of the world. Thanks for a great weekend!"
Tom & Courtney 2021
"The new owners have continued the good work! The cottage is clean, warm and inviting."
Dennis & Lynda 2021
"One of the best accommodations we've ever stayed at over 30+ years!"
Peter & Jane 2021
© Copyright Georgie's Cottage 2020
Designed by: Cate Bell Design